Go Back   S. Thomas' College Old Boys' Forum > STC Event news

Old 14-01-18, 08:02 PM
Charter Member

Default Retired Staff Tea Party

Date: Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 6:50 PM
Subject: Retired Staff Tea Party
To: Sriyan jayasekera <stc.freshmen.of.59@gmail.com>

Dear Sriyan,

As part of the 100 Years at Mount celebrations I shall be hosting a Garden Tea Party on Tuesday 30th January 2018 from 4.30 p.m. for all retired and former Tutorial, Administrative and Support Staff of the College.

I wonder if you could help me by please informing the senior retired staff that you usually are in touch with who may not be members of the Retired Staff Club that was formed a few years ago. The College can arrange transport as well.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

MB
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMG_20180123_0002.pdf (90.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by sriyanj; 24-01-18 at 08:33 PM.
Old 30-01-18, 09:07 AM
Charter Member

Default Retired Staff Tea Party to mark 100 Years at Mount

Date: Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 2:43 AM
Subject: Retired Staf Tea Party to mark 100 Years at Mount
To: "marcpbillimoria@gmail.com" <marcpbillimoria@gmail.com>

Sir; thank you very much for the invitation for the above event.It is great honour to me and I am pleased to attend this event. I have acknowledged your invitation earlier but the email to warden was returned undelivered I now sending this to your personal email. Just for my satisfaction and for your information I thought of keeping a note of my contribution to the great school by the sea. I joined the College just after my graduation in the year the College celebrated its 50th year at Mount. Warden Mr: Anandanayagam once mentioned ,the students and their parents have informed him that I am a dedicated teacher and a Officer Command of the College Cadet Contingent.This made me really happy and proud as this was said in front my wife at a Staff Club event. My 1st batch of Social Studies students ( a subject introduced by the Education Ministry in 1972 under the NCGE scheme) gained the best results in GCGE=GCE O/L beating the English language results which College usually famous for. In my last year in College my Snr;Cadet platoon came 1st in the Commodant Test and won the Regimental Trophy in the annual camp at Diyatalawa. I have served as a Committee Member of the Royal-Thomian Cricket encounter. I was appointed as a Master Teacher for Social Studies by the Education Department. I am proud to say that I have mouldered my Students to be true Thomians and I have been mouldered by the College to to be a firm and fair leader/manager in my career in the Public and Private sector organisations; above all to be a better citizen. "Be Though For Ever"!
--
Ananda Weerasekara
Team Leader
Public Relations Consultant
KCWMP

Date: Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 12:27 PM
Subject: Garden Tea Party on Tuesday, 30th January
To: "warden@stcmount.sch.lk" <warden@stcmount.sch.lk>

Lal de Mel

laldemel@outlook.com

M. 0772 490629

490/1B, Havelock Road

Colombo 6

Dear Rev. Marc Billimoria,

Thank you for the invitation to the former Tutorial staff of STC for the Tea Party hosted by you on 30th January 2018. I joined the tutorial staff of STC and as a hostel master, after completing my degree in 1964. I joined the management staff of CIC in 1966.

I greatly regret my inability to attend your Tea Party to celebrate 100 years at Mount Lavinia, because of my visit to Kandy on 30th January. I extend to you my best wishes for succesful conclusion of the Centenary Celebrations.

May I humbly suggest that you consider greater integration with STC Prep in Colombo 3, which appears to be facing a herculean task in upgrading itís facillities with limited resources. It will ease traffic congestion. Such a step will also help the STC old boys in Colombo to send their children to the parallell classes in Colombo 3 and allow the children to participate in more extra-curricular activities. Wesley Junior school was shifted to the premises of former Boys Industrial School in our lane and functioning efficiently.

Sincerely,

Lal de Mel

Date: Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 10:53 AM
Subject: Retired Staff Tea Party
To: marcpbillimoria@gmail.com, warden@stcmount.sch.lk

Dear Rev. Father

I have received an intimation about the Tea Party hosted by you for the retired staff, in a note that you have addressed to Sriyan.

I am happy to accept the invitation for which I am grateful.

I served the hallowed institution in the early seventies under Warden Anandanayagam as an advanced level Mathematics teacher.

After leaving STC, I went on to become the Principal of D.S.Senanayake College, Gateway College and Sri Lankan School Muscat.

Currently I am the Principal of the Primary at Vidura College Colombo.

STC was not only provided me my initiation to the teaching profession, but has also admitted my grandson to Grade 1 in 2017.

In addition to being a school administrator, I have been conducting teacher training on a wide range of subjects for the past 27 years. I am also a practitioner of and trainer in neuro linguistic programming and a certified counselor.

I would be overjoyed if I am able to repay my debt to your school in any way possible.

With Affection

Somabandhu

Somabandhu Kodikara

Principal (Primary)

Vidura College Colombo

22, Kirimandala Mawatha

Nawala

Mobile 0778667282
Old 30-01-18, 08:27 PM
Charter Member

Default Retired Masters of STC 30th Jan. 2018

Date: Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 7:35 PM
Subject: Retired Masters of STC 30th Jan. 2018
To:

As a part of the '100 Years at Mount' Celebrations the warden hosted an evening party for the retired staff (Tutorial, Administrative and Minor staff) today. I was also an invitee and had a pleasant surprise to see my Form Master of Upper 4 B (1957) Prof. Vinnie Vitharane as well as Mr. W.A. Sugathadasa (metal work master) and Mr. P.A. Jayakuru.

Photographs are attached.

Sadly Mr. Coprahewa (Art Master) could not make it as he was said to be too feeble.

Esto Perpetua
Attached Images
File Type: jpg STC Retired Masters 30th Jan 2018.jpg (132.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg STC Retired Masters 2 30th Jan 2018.jpg (422.1 KB, 2 views)