S. Thomas' College Old Boys' Forum  

Go Back   S. Thomas' College Old Boys' Forum > Prefects' Group of 1969 to 1973

Old 28-08-16, 12:37 PM
Charter Member

Default Dr Ramachandran Chandrasegaram planned visit to Sri Lanka after 52 years

From: Ramachandran Chandrasegaram <drcr.tambaram@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 11:55 AM
Subject: Joy
To: Sriyan Jayasekera <stc.prefects.group@gmail.com>

Dear Sriyan,

Greetings

Kindly convey my warm enquiries, joy and happiness to Professor GLP, Mevan Pieris, Lakshman Rajakaruna, Sam samarasinghe, Maxwell Paranagama, whose email id I don't have. The photos with MBs script was wonderful. Thank you for your efforts. Kindly let me know the emaIl id, address and phone number of the above friends. Keep in touch. Acknowledge receipt of my mail.

Rama
India
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 4:53 PM
Subject: From the class of 59 to Ramachandran
To: Sriyan jayasekera <stc.freshmen.of.59@gmail.com>

Dear Sriyan,

"A gift from the class of 59 to spread the word about the importance of preserving aspects of history for posterity."

My name is not to be associated with this work - thank you.

Read, digest, ponder and ask me to make corrections / adjustments if you feel the adjustments are warranted.

Suggest you send to Rama. If he approves - share. Also if Rama has given you the green lights please share
that with me as well.

Thanks for preserving my anonymity.

MB

To. The Prefects Group,

I am reproducing below an extract of a mail, received from Dr Ramachandran Chandrasegaram who was a School Prefect in the sixties, which you will find self explanatory.

I have planned to visit Sri Lanka after 52 years ( I left Sri Lanka in May 1964 ) to pursue my higher studies in India.I am coming along with my doctor classmates to commemorate our golden jubilee of our entry to medical college in 1965.It is a very short trip of 2 days in Colombo.I would be reaching Colombo around 5.30 p.m. on Saturday 21 May,2016 and would be checking in at hotel Mount Lavinia. Could you arrange a meeting of all our friends on Saturday or Sunday at 7.00 p.m

As per the above request Prefects Group have organised a dinner for Ramachandran's friends and wives to meet him and the family members at The Grand Oriental Hotel (GOH), York Street, Colombo 1 on Sunday 22nd May 2016 commencing 7.00 P.M. and the cost per head will be Rs 2000.
(Welcome drink and International Buffet dinner).
You are assured of excellent fare.
Payment in cash will be collected on arrival.

I am copying this mail to the entire membership (whose contact details are available with me) so that if any College Prefect living overseas is due to be in Sri Lanka around the same time, he could join. As it has always been, the idea behind these gatherings, besides the fellowship aspect, is to meet up with members living abroad who will be here on holiday and to recall happy memories of events which took place during those halcyon years- Life in the cop shed.

I would appreciate very much if you could pass on my mail to any College Prefects and friends of Dr Ramachandran Chandrasegaram with whom you are in touch and request them to attend this dinner.

Any member is free to bring as a guest on self-financing basis any friends of Dr Ramachandran Chandrasegaram but bearing in mind that this event is exclusively for Thomians (need not be a Prefect) of whatever era and their wives. This event is organised by The Prefects Group.

You could read more about our group in the web and also see the full Prefects list.
Kindly log on to http://www.tyretracks.com/showthread.php?t=809.

I would be very grateful if you could please confirm your participation by latest 16th May 2016. Kindly note that payment has to be made for the numbers confirmed. Hence if you confirm it is imperative that you attend.

With kind regards.

Sriyan Jayasekera.
on behalf of The Prefects Group .
MOBILE; 0712450979 & 0728085420

Date: Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: Sri Lanka visit
Cc: Milinda Hettiarachchi <rpmilinda@gmail.com>

Dear Sriyan,
Greetins.
I am amazed at your promptness and ready to help tendency.I really woulld like one person not to be missed during my short visit to Sri Lanka.Your endurance to keep everyone posted with all the news and happenings is a noble gesture.God will bless you for all your goodwork.Thank You for all that you have done for me.
Rama.26.4.2016

Date: Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 5:13 PM
Subject: Sri Lanka visit

Dear Sriyan,
Greetings.
It was wonderful of you to have forwarded my mail to Bandula to all our friends I am eagerly looking forward to meeting you all during my visit.It is a very short visit and I do not know how I could catch up with everyone.I would like you to help me in two aspects:

1 . Where can I look for S.T.C. merchandice ( Tie, Tie Pin,Coat Pin,Tee -Shirt with our college monogram,Blazer,Cap and any other souvenir available for purchase ).
2 . I would like to visit our college with all my medical colleagues on 22.5.2016 Sunday at 9.00 a.m. for one hour to show them our beautiful campus.Can you arrange for the permission with our Warden and ask somebody to take us around.

I shall be extremely obliged and grateful if you could help me with the above two wishes.I am sorry for disturbing you.Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Rama.India. 25.4.2016.

To: Ramachandran Chandrasegaram <drcr.tambaram@gmail.com>

Cc: Vajira Tennekoon <vtennekoon@gmail.com>, kenny_hillman <kenny_hillman@yahoo.com>, Nelun Tennekoon <ntennekoon@yahoo.com>

Hi Rama,
It is good news that you will be in Colombo in May. Out of the guys you mention I am only in contact on a regular basis with Vajira, Kenny (mostly e mail) and Anura my brother.
I believe Lakshman Watawala is in contact with most of the guys you mention, so he would be the best person to coordinate at this end.
Please liaise directly with Lakshman.
Kind regards
Bandula

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 5:53 PM, Ramachandran Chandrasegaram <drcr.tambaram@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Bandula,
Greetings.
I have planned to visit Sri Lanka after 52 years ( I left Sri Lanka in May 1964 ) to pursue my higher studies in India.I am coming along with my doctor classmates to commemorate our golden jubilee of our entry to medical college in 1965.It is a very short trip 0f 2 days in Colombo.I would be reaching Colombo around 5.30 p.m. on Saturday 21 May,2016 and would be checking in at hotel Mount Lavinia.Could you arrange a meeting of all our friends on Satuday or Sunday at 7.00 p.m.I really would like to meet Anura, Vajira, Jayampathi Bandaranayake, Lalith Gunasinghe, Nihal Nilaweera, Lakshman Watawala,Sriyan Jayasekera, Lakshman De Silva, Vijitha Yapa,L.M.Wickramasinghe,Ausha Gunasekera,Priantha Serasinghe, Hamid,Kenny Hillman.Iam sorry I am sorry for troubling you.I am eagerly awaiting your reply.

Rama.24.4.2016