Thomian OBA in the UK-Dinner Dance
On Fri, 4 Mar, 2016 at 6:48 am, Chanaka Wirasinha
I hope that all of you remember me. I did leave in 1989 just before my O Levels and migrated to Australia.
I am currently the president of the entire Thomian OBA in the UK. We are actively collecting donations for projects at the school and scholarships for current students whose circumstances have changed whilst at school (death of parent etc.). To collect money (and have a grand time doing so!) we organise an annual Dinner dance which is attended by 250+ people in the UK. This year, the dance will be held on the 23rd of April at the Grange hotel at St. Paul's in London.
I want to invite all batch members to the event. I can only think of 5 or 6 batch mates in the UK but I feel there are more out here and in Europe. I hope they are subscribed to this group and are welcome to get in touch with me for more details. The invitation is also extended to any batch mates (or Thomians you know) who might be in the UK on holiday/business at that point in time.
The attendees of the dance represent a good subset of middle to high income individuals in various industries. We tap into this by selling Advert space on the souvenir and are also open to sponsorship for the event. If you wish to know more, please get in touch with me Ė details are at the end of this email. Donít miss this opportunity to introduce your company to our captive audience!
Kindly remember that the UK OBA committee positions are all voluntary and there is no financial benefit what so ever. All OBA funds are collected and at the end of the year distributed in the following way - 60% to Mount and the remaining 40% to Prep, Guru and Banda. Last year we collected approximately £15,000 from the dance alone.
One of the main projects we completed in the near past was the new scoreboard at the Big Club grounds. This was entirely funded by OBA in the UK and is now self-sufficient because the ad space on the board pays for its annual maintenance. We intend to embark on another project of this magnitude in the near future.
The Batch stag and AGM is this weekend. I wish that I could be there (and for the RoyTho) but work commitments donít allow me that freedom. I intend to back in Colombo in late October and hope to meet some of you if your busy schedules allow it.
Please get in touch with me if you wish to receive more information regarding Dance attendance, adverts or sponsorship. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org and mobile +447939075725.
President Ė OTAUK 2015/16
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|